Thursday, 25 February 2016

how to pack for a weekend away: Istanbul edition





For Valentines my husband and I don’t give each other presents. We’d rather decide to do something together, whether it is going to the cinema, dinner or traveling. This time he took me to Istanbul for a weekend away. Going for 2 to 3 day vacations always means a dilemma between taking hand luggage or a bigger suitcase. Over the years I have mastered the art of keeping to the essentials. If I go for a weekend trip I try to take basics with me so I can mix and match. But since we were going for a city trip this time, my outfits need to be comfy too.
The best thing is to take a pair of black jeans, because as you know black is a solid color to match with different tops and shoes. Another solid piece of clothing is a trench coat, especially for sightseeing it’s perfect, because it’s not too thick and not too thin. A must have when it comes to traveling is a scarf and a hat. The scarf I often use to keep me warm and especially in the plane the air can be a bit fresh. The hat keeps me looking decent when I have a bad hair day. This can be the case on vacations, because I don’t have the usual styling tools that I do at home. I love to take a pair of sneakers with me and usually I go for some that are very comfortable yet stylish. Here I took my beloved Superga sneakers with glitter sequins, they add an eye catching element to a simple look. As it was a bit raining on one of the days I decided for a pair of biker boots which are waterproof. Talking about bags is probably my favorite part. Since Istanbul is always packed with people and tourists, sometimes it can get a little crowded you want to make sure your bag is safe with all the important things in it. That’s why I ALWAYS take a small bag and wear it across the body. Last but not least, pack three different tops for three days and off you go with only hand luggage for your next city trip. 

See also the full Istanbul trip guide part taksim beyoglu, eminönü, historic sights, ortaköy, avcilar, pierre loti, prince islands



Follow via INSTAGRAMBLOGLOVINFACEBOOKPINTEREST <3


Jeans: H&M 
Trenchcoat: Zara (similar here)
Scarf: Zara (similar here)
Boots: H&M (similar here)
Sneakers: Superga (similar here)
Jumper 1: H&M (similar here)
Jumper 2: Zara (similar here)
Jeans Shirt: H&M (similar here)
Hat: Zara (similar here)
Bag: Chloé


Eminönü













Dolmabahce Palace

















Ortaköy













Passage at Beyoglu selling antiques













Avcilar 





















Lunch: Manti


Galata Tower




Brunch at I Love  Hardal in Ataköy Marina


















No comments:

Post a Comment