Saturday, 5 December 2015

throwback on how to style scarves



The third post of my throwback in the how to style series is about scarves. I bought two checked xxl scarves last year. Both were from Primark and both are very comfy, soft and are fantastic to wear.
 Follow via INSTAGRAMBLOGLOVINFACEBOOKPINTEREST <3
See also the articles throwback on how to style sneakers and hats here and here.



This statement piece had a lot of hype last year and could be seen everywhere on social media. Of course I got one as well and really loved experimenting with it. It goes with so much and so many colours. 

The first look is rather simple with some ripped baggy jeans, a grey sweater and a good leather jacket. Combining this tooth checked white and black scarf with checked red colours on the reverse side gives the simple look a new eye catcher.


In the second look I worked with the colours of the scarf and wore simple dark blue skinny jeans with a stripy white and black top and a red vest on top. The stripy top is so simple but gives the tooth checked scarf a little contrast.



The third outfit with this scarf is a rather simple one. I wore a simple black dress with a black and white blouse underneath and a black coat on top. Adding some studded boots and a black hat draws the eyes to the scarf. 


Moving on to a scarf which is checked again but has more grey, green, red and yellow in it. I love the checked pattern of the scarf and I wanted it to be the key piece of my next outfit so I held back the rest of the look with some creme and camel colours. 





These big cosy scarves have the advantage that you can use them as a blanket or cape as well. This is what I did with the last look. I threw it over my shoulders and put a poncho on top. It was slightly bigger than the poncho, so it gave it a special look when the scarf was hanging out at the bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment